Taras Shevchenko. Volga. Stained paper and pencil (11.5 × 26.4 cm). [29.VIII – 20.IX 1857]. Taras Shevchenko National Museum, inv. g – 828.
Top right ink marked: Number 117 – 99.
Dated by the first time mention of drawing high banks of the Volga in the diary Shevchenko from August 29, 1857 and the time of arrival in Nizhny Novgorod.
In the literature is found under the title: "River, right high shore, several ships" ["Catalogue of V. Tarnowski's museum of ukrainian antiquities", Vol. II, Chernigov, 1900, p. 187, № 367], "River, on the right side cliffs and boats" [A. Novitsky, Taras Shevchenko as a painter, Lviv – Moscow, p. 66, № 414] though the high bank shown on the left of picture.
Storage areas: V. Tarnowski's Chernihiv museum of ukrainian antiquities – № 367, Chernihiv Regional History Museum, Gallery of pictures Shevchenko, Kharkiv, Taras Shevchenko Central Museum, Kyiv.
In 1939 exposed at the Republican Shevchenko Jubilee Exhibition in Kyiv (Product, № 263).
N. P. Prokopenko
After publication: Taras Shevchenko Complete Works in 10 volumes. – Kyiv: ed. Academy of sciences of UkrSSR, 1963, v. 10, № 86 (image), p. 48 (note).