Taras Shevchenko. Suvorov as ringer.
[1842, not later than September. St. Petersburg].
Reproduced by polytypage. 8,5 × 6,9 cm
Reproduced on page 303 of the book "History of Suvorov".
Shevchenko's signature at the bottom left T.SH. and signatures of engravers Andrew, Best and Leloire: ANDREW BEST LELOIR.
Figure Shevchenko, which produced prints, dating approximately August – September 1842.
Illustration to text on page 302 of book, which refers to the return of Suvorov from abroad. He came to family estate in the village Konchanskoe, went to church, read the "Apostle", sang in the choir and the bell rang on.
July 27, 1843 it was announced in the press that the third issue of "History of Suvorov" sent to subscribers [Northern Bee. – 1843. – 27 July], where the artwork was reproduces for the first time.
Mentioned called "Suvorov ring" [Shyrotsky K. Shevchenko as an illustrator // Shevchenko's collection. – St. Petersburg, 1914. – Vol. 1. – p. 107].
V.A. Sudak, L.D. Zinchuk
After publication: T.H. Shevchenko Complete Works in 12 volumes. – K.: Naukova Dumka, 2003, v. 7, p. 170 – 171 (image), p. 414 (note).